Saturday, April 28, 2007

I'm Here (again)



Picture 1. -Abbotsford Day before I left 2.- My Plane in San Fransisco



3+4 - These two are from the taxi that picked me up from the airport in Tokyo. You can see the rush hour traffic that we met up with.


5.It took almost three hours just to get out of Tokyo. In this picture is a lot housing in a small area.





My trip back to Norhtstar looked like this. Leave Abbotsford 3:50 a.m. - Fly out to 6:40 - 2 hours to San Fransisco - two hour lay over in San Fran plane leaves at 11:30 a.m. - Travel back past Vancouver and follow near Alaska and Russia then dip down to Japan 12 hours - Once in Japan taxi picks me up at 3 p.m Japan time about 11:00 p.m? my time - Taxi takes over six hours to Matsumoto 10:00 p.m - and lastly a 40 min drive up mountain.

Its really great to be back. I feel really revived and rested, although I need to get over jet lag. But when I left I was pretty exhausted and had lost focus. After speaking with Dan the director here, I am really excited about my future role here. I will begin teaching in the schools next week already and I will also be teaching a different adult class down mountain a bit.

Its still somewhat cold here. Not quite shorts weather yet. Even Tokyo was chillier than I though. Thing are much greener and it is absolutely beautiful up here in the mountains.

Well thats all for now I will post some pictures of Northstar in the summer soon.

No comments: